Global Stock Pitch Competition
YIS’ annual flagship event is the Global Stock Pitch Competition. This competition is the culmination of investment skills gained during the year and provides High School students hands-on mentoring in financial analysis. Students (either individually or in teams of two) create a “best stock idea” and analyze a publicly traded company–sometimes meeting with company management. Each student/team writes a report on their chosen company with a “Buy” or “Sell” recommendation and then presents and defends their analysis in a written report and brief to a panel of University Professors and Industry Professionals.
How it Works
The state and global competitions are hosted by YIS. The winner from each state competition advances to the global competition, where one team emerges as global champion. The state competitions are held in the beginning of May and the global competition is held during the last two weeks of May.
How to Sign Up
- Log into the MyYIS Portal (sign-up for the portal if you haven’t yet).
- Click on the calendar on the top of the page.
- Search for the competition in your state and click on participate.
- Click on “add your partner” and select the email of your teammate to sign up as a team (note: only one teammate needs to register the team).
- Be sure to open the event to see any special instructions.
- The sign-up window closes for all competitions on March 31st.
How to Get Help
This section of the website is full of helpful things designed to give you an edge. There are videos, templates, report submission guidelines, and more to help create a winning report and presentation. Be sure to explore the website.