The Written Report must:
- Be no longer than ten (10) pages; although you may include an appendix of infinite length;
- Include the following information on the first page:
- Company name
- Exchange or Ticker symbol
- Sector or Industry
- Recommendation (Buy/Sell/Hold)
- Current price (as of __date)
- Target price (% increase/decrease)
- Contain only publicly available information;
- Be the original work of student;
- Be prepared from the perspective of an independent research analyst;
- Include (but is not limited to**) the following sections:
- Business Description
- Industry Overview and Competitive Positioning
- Investment Summary
- Valuation / Financial Analysis
- Investment Risks
- Be submitted by 30 April, 2017
We strongly encourage you to use the stock pitch report template provided on the website for your report.
May be submitted via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or at www.yis.org through the submission portal.
In addition to the written report, each team should create a brief Powerpoint presentation to accompany their stock pitch. This powerpoint presentation does not need to be sent, but will be used on the day of Presentation.
- The presentation should contain no more than 15 slides.
- The presentation should hit on the main points of the stock pitch investment thesis.Timeline:
- 10 minutes – Each team will present for no more than ten minutes.
- 5 minutes – Each team will answer questions from the panel of judges for five minutes.
Each Stock Pitch will be judged according to the following categories:
- Investment Idea – _ / 50 points
- Does the idea make logical sense and follow sound investment principles? o Does the report show insight into the company and the industry?
- Did the team follow the Investment Report Guidelines?
- Presentation – _ / 25 points
- Did the students present clearly?
- Was the presentation engaging?
- Was the presentation professional?
- Questions and Answers – _ / 25 points
- Were the questions answered coherently?
- Did the team successfully defend their investment idea?