The Young Investors Society is proud to offer a unique array of programs to build the next generation of investors.
- School Sponsored Clubs: The Young Investors Society operates as a high-school club, focused on teaching and implementing investment principles to students. Each local chapter will learn the fundamentals of investing, organize guest speakers, put together investment seminars and prepare members to participate in the national stock pitch competition.
- National Stock Pitch Competition: A “best idea” stock pitch competition will be held annually between school-sponsored chapters of the Young Investors Society. The students select an investment idea, prepare a written Report on the company and then present their findings to a panel of Judges. The competition has three levels: Local, Regional, and National.
- Certified Young Financial Analyst (CYFA) Designation: Students that pass a rigorous test (comprising the subjects of accounting, investing, business strategy and economics), write a qualified stock research report, and pass an interview process will earn the acclaimed CYFA designation.
- Investor Society Boot camps and Investment Seminars: The Young Investors Society will host week-long “boot camps” focused on teaching the fundamentals of investment management and security analysis and building character and leadership skills. Boot camps and Investment Seminars will host financial professionals as speakers and instructors, and companies will present to student investors for them to evaluate.
- The “Dollar-a-Day” Challenge: Members of YIS can begin investing today, by taking the “Dollar-a-Day” challenge. Kids that begin investing one dollar per day into a personal brokerage account will be eligible for a donor match of that same amount.
- Financial Newsletters and Social Media: Members of local investor societies will submit stock and industry reports to be included in the Young Investors Society Newsletter, Website, and Social Media pages.
- Community Outreach: Members of local Young Investors Societies will be encouraged to complete an annual service project and get involved in helping their community around them.