COO Job Description-PDF
Young Investors Society (“YIS”) is a non-profit corporation that provides high school students a unique opportunity to learn fundamental, long-term investing in an exciting and interactive way. It is traditionally run as an after-school club directed by amazing high school teachers who recognize the importance of financial literacy. YIS is finishing up its second year working with students and teachers across the country and around the globe and now reach over 50 schools in 12 states and 3 countries (US, Hong Kong, Canada). Our goal is to have a club in 160 schools for the 2017-18 school year and 500 the following year.
The club experience was developed by some of the best investors, high school teachers and university professors in the industry. YIS has two main programs through which we strive to change the trajectory a student’s financial life: (1) the annual Stock Pitch Competition and (2) the Dollar-a-Day challenge (please visit yis.org for more details).
We are looking for a unique individual with the right skill set to be the Chief Operating Officer (COO) for YIS.
The ideal candidate will help with and manage:
- Recruiting students and teachers to start YIS clubs at new schools,
- Assisting schools with the on-boarding process,
- Answering questions from students and teachers,
- Organizing the annual Stock Pitch Competition, and
- Enhancing YIS programs and its delivery model.
- Managing part-time employees and eventually additional full-time employees as approved by the board of directors.
- Additionally, the COO will take an active role in supporting the YIS fundraising committee with grant writing and related fundraising activities.
Desired Skill Set
- Ability and desire to work remotely (Note: the YIS leadership is spread out across the U.S. and Hong Kong which requires excellent written communication and punctuality)
- Self-starter that can meet deadlines with little supervision and is well organized
- Customer service and sales experience
- Passionate about working with youth
- Familiarity with the Microsoft Office suite and other online collaborative tools (e.g., Google Docs)
- Ability to work in an entrepreneurial environment and adapt to change as it comes
- Ability to grow and scale a thriving non-profit business
- Desired years of management experience: 5+
- Base salary of $50k-$60k with performance incentives to boost salary up to approximately $120k
- Full-time with minimum benefits required by law in the State of California with some travel required.
- Report to the President of YIS.
If you are interested in applying for the position please email a copy of your resume and cover letter to the Board of Directors at email@example.com.